Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Life

My apologies about the lack of photos. It seems as I anxiously await this baby, everything I do, including not only picture taking but how I move, is a lot SLOWER. Besides, there is a lot going on right now. Personally, we seem to have, or be getting, a nasty cold. Kevin has had it bad, and I am starting to get something. I hope it isn't as bad as Kev had it since I really am not supposed to take meds!

But there is a lot going on with friends/coworkers. I have had the links to both the Vedra and Haan's web pages up for sometime and I do hope that prayers are continuing to go their way. Over the past two weeks a coworker and friend of mine...her husband (who works at Calvin Seminary) was also diagnosed with a form of Leukemia and is most likely going to need bone marrow transplant. Pray. Please pray. Right now, there is a carepage set up and I can send you the information on how to access it- just send me an e-mail. However, the link to Pastor Mary has a very good post called "Complete Remission".

Finally, on the Haan webpage was this poem, and I really liked it:

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple LOVE
It cannot shatter HOPE
It cannot corrode FAITH
It cannot destroy PEACE
It cannot kill FRIENDSHIP
It cannot suppress MEMORIES
It cannot silence COURAGE
It cannot invade the SOUL
It cannot steal ETERNAL LIFE
It cannot conquer the SPIRIT
- Anonymous

No comments: