Monday, February 11, 2008

snow days

Remember as a kid/teenager how much you loved snow days? I remember one year (I think my freshman year in high school) exam week got canceled- one day at a time, but there was so much snow that each morning we woke up and exams were canceled. Sophomore year in college- Kevin and I had just started dating but the weather was so bad we got "Snowed in" at my house in Holland. Also, having lots of teachers in the family I know they love snow days!

But you know what? I don't like snow days anymore. Sam is only in preschool, but also people I work with...it is a pain! Babysitters are needed etc. Businesses don't close, so most parents still have to go to work. So, I decided, that I officially no longer like snow days. (Unless of course I ever in my life use my teaching degree, then I may change me mind!)

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I still love snow days even when Abigail is home! Only because it means Colin is home too! :) We are starting to think we need a refund on preschool this year though! :)

Anonymous said...

"snow days" are answered prayers....

Unknown said...

I never thought I would experience snow days again until (if) I had a kid of a my own, so it's quite bizarre to experience them this year. If GRCMS is ever closed the same day that Sam's is, I could probably watch him. The only times that wouldn't work is Mondays (I'm at my internship all day) and then I have my internship from 12:30 until 5 on Wed and Fri. Other than that, I'd be around!