Thursday, January 10, 2008

Prayers for friends and neighbors

Just a quick post here about some important issues happening in the lives of friends and neighbors. First, many of you know we have great neighbors who have lived there for more than 50 years. Roy has always been active in the yard (Even waking us with the snowblower at 6:30 AM). This past monday he had a stroke- now I do not know very many details. I am thinking (and praying) it was a small stroke because he is home already. However, he is obviously not out and about like we usually see him so pray that he recovers and can return to his normal activities.

Many of you also have heard about Kevin's coworker and friend, Michael, and how in the past month his 11 year old daughter was diagnosed with a type of bone cancer. Please pray for her and her family. I have posted the link to their webpage- they are the Haan Family.

Finally, continued prayers for Ellie and the Vedra's. Ellie has made progress that we are all very please about; you can continue to read about her as I still have the link to their webpage- Vedra Family.

Oh- and I never thought I would say this but I kind of miss the snow ! Shocking for me, but at least with a little snow on the ground the boys loved to go out and shovel. We did ride bikes the other days but wet dirty ground just isn't my thing...

No comments: