Friday, March 21, 2008

Moments of Wonder

Psalm 139:13-14a "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;"
I am sure every parent has these moments. When you are just staring in awe at the beauty you have created.

Beautiful children that care for one another- even if rarely shown!



Almost always during and after nursing I find myself staring in complete amazement at Zeke- occasionally I have a camera nearby to try and capture every little part of him--like his facial features, especially his eyes.



And his hands- I love his little hands.




I admit that these "moments" come frequently with a newborn, but I still have them with Sam and Josh too! Often I am amazed at their changes- that what used to be the babe in my arms is now this: A person with his own (and often frustrating) mind! I always notice their fighting, so I need to try to capture more of their true moments of wonder! Like Sam reading to Josh- how they were laughing! I am amazed at who they have become, even though at times it is scary- scary because I get frustrated with some of their traits (like Sam refusing to speak to an adult when they are talking to him)--but then I remember I CREATED him AND he is acting JUST LIKE ME. (I used to be/okay, I AM quite shy). And, Josh- I LOVE listening to him play- he is very imaginative and we hear him talking to his horses and cars- and then the cars start yelling, "Don't talk like that! Go sit in time out!" Yes- I created them and they act and talk, like me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How precious, Rachel. Thank you for sharing!