Thursday, March 27, 2008

First Stitches



Between the hours of 5 and 8, at our house, is klutz time. Sam doesn't take a nap anymore but is clearly tired. He falls a lot and annoys us by bothering Josh. He falls so often that half the time we don't say anything because it is a fake cry. But I am glad I can tell the difference between fake and real! Last night when I heard his cry/scream I went running, and there he was with blood all over his face. We cleaned him and Kevin took him to urgent care. Apparently, he was acting wild and throwing toys around and jumping in the toys and he hit is head on the corner of a table we have in the basement. Anyway, he now has three stitches just above the bridge of his nose. Based on what Kevin told me, I am glad I was not the one who took him to get the stitches- it was sort of like a straight jacket that they put him in to keep him from moving! I don't handle things like this well, but with three boys I suppose I should get used to it- good thing urgent care gave us a handy dandy magnet to keep on the fridge with their phone number!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rarely a dull moment at the VanSchepen's.

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Sammy! I'm like you - I don't think I could handle something like that at all.

Unknown said...

I dont know, its pretty cool. he looks like Harry Potter.